URBAN DESIGN & PLANNING
Consultant Team:ARG Design, Town Planning, Urban Design, Project Management
WSP: Transport Planning
Period: March 2014- December 2014
Client: Department of Rural Development and Land Reform and Saldanha Bay Municipality.
The Saldanha Local Area Plan will act as a medium to long-term spatial plan (15-20 years) for the town. One of the key objectives is to improve integration between suburbs that are spatially, socially and economically segregated. The LAP focuses on facilitating change in the town through five main spatial ideas:
- Enhancing the overall spatial structure.
- Introducing transport interventions.
- Upgrading the urban realm.
- Harnessing urban infill opportunities.
- Maximizing economic development opportunities.
The Draft Local Area Plan is now out for public comment between 08 Sept and 06 Oct.